- Acid rain is carries the chemicals sulphur dioxide and nitrogen oxide.
- Acid "rain" isn't just rain; acid snow, acid fog or mist, acid gas, and
acid dust all have the same effect as acid rain.
- Most acid rain problems are caused by large coal burner plants in the West.
- Lakes and streams are normally acidic, but acid rain can make them so acidic
that it damages animal and plant life.
- Acid rain can cause a mass killing to trees.
- Area's can become very hazy and foggy due to acid rain.
- Acid rain (which is linked with acid air pollution)has been linked to breathing
and lung problems in childeren, and people who have asthma.
- Even people in exceptional health could have their lungs damaged by this
- Stone buildings and monuments are targets of damage from acid rain.